I would start a series of posts where I would list few of the best rated equity funds from various fund houses and this is the first post in the series where I started with HDFC Mutual Funds. Rating is from various sites like ValueResearchOnline, Crisil and other fund details are mainly from the official website HDFCFund.com
- HDFC Tax Saver – Open Ended Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS) with a lock-in period of 3 years with an objective to generate long term capital appreciation with investment mainly in equity and equity related instruments. ValueResearchOnline Rating – 4 Star, Crisil Rank of CPR-2
- HDFC LT Advantage Fund – This is pretty much similar to the HDFC Tax Saver fund and I am not sure with the latest SEBI guidelines HDFC Fund house can have 2 funds with more or less similar investment objective but as its still there I assume there is some difference between the two which I could not figure out. ValueResearchOnline Rating – 3 Star, Crisil Rank of CPR-3
- HDFC Index Fund – Nifty Plan – Open Ended Index Linked Scheme which generates returns with the performance of the Nifty. ValueResearchOnline Rating – 2 Star, Crisil Rank of CPR-3
- HDFC Index Fund – Sensex Plus Plan – Open Ended Index Linked Scheme where investment profile is 80 to 90% of the net assets of the Plan in companies whose securities are included in SENSEX and between 10% & 20% of the net assets in companies whose securities are not included in the SENSEX. ValueResearchOnline Rating – 2 Star, Crisil Rank of CPR-4
- HDFC Top 200 Fund – To generate long term capital appreciation from the companies in BSE 200 index. ValueResearchOnline Rating – 5 Star, Crisil Rank of CPR-1. One of my favorite fund.
- HDFC Equity Fund – Nothing unique about its objective which is to achieve capital appreciation. ValueResearchOnline Rating – 5 Star, Crisil Rank of CPR-2.
- HDFC Growth Fund – Same investment objective as above. ValueResearchOnline Rating – 5 Star, Crisil Rank of CPR-2.
Note that this are not the overall best rated funds but best for HDFC Fund house only. This is not the complete list of HDFC Funds but a subset of funds which I like ( but may not have an investment interest in all ). You can checkout the Complete list of HDFC Funds at the official website.