My name is Shabbir Bhimani, I am a trader, investor, consultant and blogger. I mentor Indian retail investors to understand how market works so they can invest in the right stock at the right price and at the right time.
I am B.Tech in Information Technology and have no background in finance. Always wanted to be in equity market more as a personal hobby.
There is so much of misleading information about trading and investing especially on business news channels that leads me to shabbir.in where I share transparently whatever I have learnt over the years about trading and investing in market to build wealth. Even after a decade of experience, I even get carried away and you just cannot ignore the information overhaul but being an informed trader and investor helps you recover very fast from the information overhaul.
Since 2007, Shabbir.in! has grown from just a blog to a small community of Indian Retail Investors who want to understand how market works and build alternate source of income from trading and investing.
Like any other investor I also started to look at the market as money making opportunity. When the markets were booming in 2007, I did my first trade on 22nd June 2007 and purchased MAN INDUSTRIES (INDIA) LIMITED. In a day or two, I was richer by Rs 300 on an investment of Rs.50,000.
I started multiplying numbers. Daily 300 Rs could mean I can easily make more than my job. Hurray !!! I was on top of the world and wanted to invest a lot more and started to look for more source of funds.
Soon reality kicked in and I realized that it is not as easy as it was for the first time. I had some decent gains but I also realized that those were one time gains and I am not able to repeat them on a constant basis.
I tried really hard to repeat my gains without much knowledge back then but not only I lost my earlier gains but even quite a bit of my capital.
As famous quotes say “You Learn More From Your Losses Than Your Wins” and the same applied to me.
Despite my losses, I was convinced that there’s money to be made from the stock market but there is something that is not transparent to me. If money cannot be made from the stock market, why are so many big investors keep investing in market and why the turnover in the exchanges all over the world is ever increasing.
This is when I started to study market from various aspects (Technical Analysis, Fundamental Analysis, Fractal Analysis, Swing Trades) and it help me understand
- How to spot the right stock from thousands being traded?
- How to determine the right price of the stock?
- How to find the right time to invest in a stock?
- How to avoid market fears?
- How to control market greed?
- How to book a loss and yet be profitable in the market?
- How to not over diversify in market and invest with focused approach?
Who my blog can help
Any Indian trader or investor who wants to learn how to trade and invest in market and do not want to rely on others to help him make money from market can benefit from my blog.
If you rely on others, you will always loose money in the market.
What I blog About?
Here are some of the topics I write about.
- Wealth Building
- Investment Analysis
- Planning and Saving Tax
- Technical Analysis Strategies
- Trading Tips
I normally publish one or two new article every week. Make sure you don’t miss my newest articles and so, you can subscribe to my blog via e-mail.
My Popular Articles
I have created this so you don’t have to go through all my blog articles to find the best and the most relevant content for you.
- Wealth Building Portfolio – A report I share each month of the progress to my wealth building portfolio of stocks and mutual fund position added with reasons and contract notes to remain fully transparent. I also share important lessons I learn along with the plans for the upcoming month.
- Diversifying Your Portfolio – Everything You Need to Know About Diversification – Understand diversification and see why Indians crave for portfolio diversification and help you diversify your portfolio even if you know very little about the market.
- Types of Mutual Funds – How to Really Diversify Investment Portfolio – Categorize the mutual funds and invest into as many category of mutual funds as possible to make mutual fund portfolio well diversified.
- The 7 Basic Principles of Trading in Market – The 7 basic rules to trading in market that every trader should follow. You just cannot profit in market without knowing them.
- How to Select The Right Stock for Day Trading? – Even if you don’t want to be day trading, knowing how it is being used by traders can help you invest at a better price on any given day.
- 5 Best Trading Advice I Could Ever Give – The best 5 trading advice that you will ever need to read and follow to become successful in market.
- Why Just Being a Long Term Investor Even In Blue Chip Companies Is not Enough – Investing in market is not all about remaining invested in market or invest in blue chip stocks and hold for at least 5 to 10 years?
- 5 Common Mistakes When You Follow Warren Buffet Quotes On Social Media To Invest in Market – When share price goes down by 5% I buy and exit at profit of 20%. I am not seeing any profit in my portfolio and so can you tell me what the hell am I doing wrong.
- 5 Best Investment Advice I Could Ever Give – The best 5 investment advice that you will ever need to read and follow to become successful investor in market.
- Sharekhan PMS Review – My Experiment with 500,000 Rupees – I hardly could find any information or review about the portfolio management services online and so I was only left with doing the experimentation myself. In my recent review about stock brokers my top pick was ShareKhan and so I thought let us experiment a PMS with them and see.
- PowerYourTrade Review – Facts and Hidden Truth – Review of PowerYourTrade Multibagger Stock Tips Service along with hidden truth about 2000% gained stock ideas that you see on the website.
- Fundamental and Technical Analysis – Everyday when you watch TV for Financial news you specially hear couple of terms very frequently aka Fundamental and Technical analysis and today I would try to explain them in very newbie’s terminology for every one to refer to.
- Understanding Fundamental Analysis – What we all know is completely wrong – What we all know about fundamental analysis from watching news channels is completely wrong. Understand the fundamentals of fundamental analysis.
- How I Use Technical Analysis of Nifty for Longer Term Investing – For longer-term investment fundamental analysis is preferred over technical analysis but see how I use technical analysis for longer-term investments to find the right time to invest in the right stock and at the right price.
- How to Trade Against the Market Trend – I don’t recommend trading against the trend but if you know what you are doing you can deal with it in a better way.
- How Chart Pattern Repeats by Itself – The basic principle of technical analysis is History and pattern repeat by itself and see how Hindalco follows the same Chart pattern of better than expected result.
- Learn From My Trading Mistake – No one can predict the market each time; every time and you tend to make mistakes all the time. An Important thing is you learn from those mistakes and move forward. I did a horrible trading mistake. The mistake reminded me few of my trading lessons. Learn from my mistake.
- Being Debt Free: The 5 Point Strategy For Every Indian To Getting Out of Debt – Are you concerned about your Debt? If you are, that’s the right thing to be doing but now let me tell you how you can strategically come out of it.
- Is Insurance an Investment Option? – The Question comes to me many a times and I always suggest them few of my articles where I have shared the answer in bits and pieces but today I will answer this question with all the possible options and outcomes.
- How to Manage Credit Cards Efficiently? – The process that I follow to Manage my Credit Cards and make thousands of Rupees out of it each year.
- Home Loan Or House Rent – How to Make The Right Choice – Should opt for home loan or go for a rented house? Let me share what analysis should be used to make the right choice for yourself – Home Loan or House Rent.
- Understanding Investment Psychology When Investing in Market – What if a stock you invested into is a wrong investment and you know for sure it is a mistake but are not comfortable booking a loss? Answer lies in understanding the investment psychology.
- How to Book Market Losses Without Having Sleepless Nights – Booking a loss is so difficult that at times it is easy to quit the market keeping the loss making stocks in the portfolio than to book losses. The process I follow makes booking a losses lot easier than it seems without averaging down the stock.
Get in touch
I am always available for my readers and you can get in touch with me here or ask me any question here. I love interacting one on one with my readers. Just be patient as I reply personally and can take some time to respond to.
Blog Comments: I read and respond to comments on my blog personally and is one of the best and most efficient way to get in touch with me. You can share your views, criticism on any article and I will do my best to help you out.
Where else to find me
shabbir.in is a blog about investing in equity market but that is only one aspect of me which is trading and investing but there is another aspect which is a freelancer and an online entrepreneur. You can read about on my other blog IMTips.co.